Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hollywood has your number.

I havent had cable for months. When you that long without something in your life, you forget why you banished it in the first place. For this reason, cable was installed in my house a few weeks ago. Last night, I was reminded why 8 months ago I held a sacrificial ax to a run of coax and bellowed "NO MORE! WITH THIS ACTION, I CLEANSE THIS HOME".

I witnessed a commercial that made me want to look away, however as if some sort of invisible clockwork-orangesqe device was strapped to my eyes, I was forced to gaze onward. As my soul was slowly devoured by a preview for the movie "Kick Some Past", I wondered to myself "who would see this abomination?". Right before I was free from my 30 second prison, I was enticed with an answer: "Visit us online for the R rated trailer".

Tits.

Curious, I went to their website to view the trailer which I was sure had some sexual hook. Upon arrival, I was posed a few simple questions. I responded in the usual fashion. I submitted "dsagds dsgdsgs 48111 us 1 1 1950" which was instantly rejected. After playing with the settings a few times, I realized this system was not going to let me in for any reason (even after putting in my real information). My wife then went to the website and entered her info in, and was able to view the trailer. She suggested I use "James" (my birth name) instead of "Jim". Access granted.

This crappy little movie website somehow had access to everyones name, birthday and zipcode. Once I realized this, I excitedly mashed my f12 key to access the site data via firebug. If I were lucky, they would be accessing the authentication file outside of flash, and therfore make it easily viewable to firebug. I submitted the data and saw the page access "http://www.kicksomepast.com/restricted/integrity.php" via POST. On a hunch, I passed some GET values to the file under the same parameter names. Success!

So if any of you hackers out there want access to a challenge/response that authenticates data about a person, feel free to use this URL:

http://www.kicksomepast.com/restricted/integrity.php?dob=&country=&first=&last=&zip=

where:
dob = m/d/y (8/15/1975)
country=us (or you can check out their website to get the other county codes)
first=name (bob)
last=name (smith)
zip=zip (48108)

Enjoy!

PS: Yes. There are tits in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment